OPM has the unique role of recruiting, retaining and honoring a world-class federal workforce to serve the American people. Today's modern federal workforce, and the citizens served by this workforce, expect and deserve state of the art digital services and technology. OPM is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Digital and Information Technology (IT) leader to serve as Chief Information Officer (CIO) to build these capabilities, which will serve as the backbone of modern human capital management across the Federal Government. The OPM CIO will lead the agency's major Digital and IT transformation initiatives, and will have the opportunity to buy, build and deliver the nation's leading technology and cybersecurity practices and tools to support OPM's mission requirements.
A key priority for this individual will be to continue the progress of strengthening IT security and modernization at OPM. To carry these efforts forward, the CIO position demands a visionary individual who can lead a dynamic workforce within OPM while coordinating with a variety of key stakeholder - across the federal government, and with external partners. This individual must be capable of operating within an interagency environment to support the successful establishment of the National Background Investigations Bureau as well as the continued success of OPM's other core missions and services. This position offers an unprecedented opportunity to an individual who has a passion for enabling excellence in human capital management services through the rapid deployment of emerging technology.
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) is looking for this dynamic and energetic leader to join our Senior Executive Service (SES) Corps. The SES is comprised of the men and women charged with leading the continuing transformation of government. These leaders possess well-honed executed skills and share a broad perspective of government and a public service commitment which is grounded in the Constitution.
The responsibilities of the CIO include:
- Provide leadership to transform IT and institutionalize IT, as a strategic mission enabler
- Establish outcome-oriented performance measures that support the OPM mission and manage IT strategy and operations through use of these measures
- Work collaboratively with OPM Senior executives and stakeholders to understand business priorities and enable business needs by providing effective, efficient, and secure IT and digital solutions
- Manage OPM's IT portfolio resource planning, to include human resource, budget, acquisition, and financial management activities, to maximize IT investment value and minimize Agency operational and security risk
- Plan and implement modern digital and IT best practices, to include, but not limited to: product development; automated DevOps capabilities; agile development; and operating in a bi-modal environment
- Manage the design, development, and implementation of information technology solutions (to include provisioned services) to support OPM's core mission, mission enablement, and mission support activities
- Develop and enforce compliance with comprehensive information technology best practices, standards, policies and regulations, including federal statutory requirements, while maintaining a best practice, highly secure, and resilient IT architecture and operating environment
- Develop and implement a workforce strategy that attracts, develops, and retains top IT, digital, and cybersecurity talent
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Status Candidates
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/437615600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.