The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy’s (EERE’s) mission is to create and sustain American leadership in the global transition to a clean energy economy through high-impact research, development, and demonstration and by breaking down barriers to market entry. EERE helps the nation achieve greater energy efficiency and security, environmental health, and economic productivity, by exercising Federal leadership in developing policies, information, technologies, and collaborative partnerships with States, industry, and energy consumers that accelerate and expand the use of energy efficiency, renewable energy and sustainable transportation technologies and practices.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as a Solar Energy Technology Manager in the Solar Energy Technologies Office serving on one of the following teams: Photovoltaics R&D; Solar Tech-to-Market; Concentrating Solar Power; and Systems Integration.
This is an "Open Continuous Vacancy Announcement". It will remain open until December 30, 2016. Applicants with a complete on-line application and resume will be reviewed and may be referred to management when received by the cut-off dates listed below.
May 6, 2016
May 16, 2016
May 26, 2016
June 27, 2016
July 25, 2016
August 29, 2016
September 26, 2016
October 31, 2016
November 28, 2016
December 26, 2016
To ensure your application is considered, please apply as soon as possible. The announcement will remain open and applicants may be referred for consideration until all available positions are filled, and/or the announcement is cancelled, whichever comes first
The mission of the Solar Energy Technologies Office (SETO) is to accelerate the development and large-scale deployment of solar technologies in the United States and to ensure that solar power is a viable and economic source for the Nation’s power needs. SETO’s near-term focus is to lead the SunShot initiative to reduce the cost of electricity from solar by 75%, making it competitive with conventional forms of generation by the end of the decade.
As a General Engineer or Physical Scientist, you will:
- Serve as the Solar Energy Technology Manager by initiating and overseeing the planning of new Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs). Develops concepts, FOA requirement documents, plans informational workshops, organizes merit reviews, briefs selection officials, and collaborates with Contracting Officers and related personnel on all facets of FOA planning.
- Monitor and evaluate technology area portfolios. Ensure that projects are up to date on quarterly reviews/report on project status and that site visits have been made as warranted.
- Manage assigned technology portfolio to Program goals and performance targets. Modifies or cancels projects with recipients and national laboratories, de-obligate funding from canceled projects, and makes recommendations to the Program Manager on alternate use of funding
- Stay abreast of technology developments and proactively engage stakeholders (federal agencies, national laboratories, industry, academia, non-profits and others). Plan, attend, and present at major conferences throughout the year as travel funds allow. Obtain input from outside sources through road mapping workshops and other meetings.
- Provide oversight of budget execution within the assigned technology area and work closely with Technical Project Officer (TPO) to ensure proper management and accounting of funding.
Occasional travel - 1-3 trips per month
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. Citizens
This position is also being advertised to status candidates via Merit Promotion procedures. The announcement number is: DOE-SE-EE-16-00695-MP-A
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/437140200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.