This position is located in the National Oceanic Services, Center for Operational Ocean Products & Services.Learn more about this agency
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZP-2 is equivalent to the GS-9. The ZP-3 is equivalent to the GS-11/12.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NOS-COOPS-2016-0030, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit.
NOTES:*This vacancy may be used to fill other General Engineer, O801, ZP-2/3 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
The individual selected for this position will:
- Designs, reviews, and develops drawings for new or existing water level stations or station components.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously while working in diverse environment.
- Plans, deploys, operates, and maintains oceanographic systems such as water levels, current meters, meteorological stations, and buoys.
- Communicates technical information effectively in writing, orally, and in geographical form.
- Develops standard operating procedures and technical reports.
- Utilizes Microsoft Office Software Suite to develop products.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for field inspections and meetings may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States Citizens or Nationals.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/436279000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.