Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This Transportation Security Specialist (TSS) position is located in the Freight Rail Section, Industry Engagement Branch, Surface Division, Office of Security Policy and Industry Engagement (OSPIE), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If you are selected for this position, you will perform work in the Freight Rail Section, assisting the Freight Rail Industry Engagement Manager in fostering strategic partnerships with the industry. Typical assignments will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing engagement activities support to the Freight Rail Industry Engagement Manager.
- Supporting engagement activities to include: coordination of conferences, meetings and briefings between high ranking agency officials and trade associations and industry stakeholder representatives to share information, discuss concerns and issues, and receive input for policy or program proposal.
- Using information gathered to make recommendations to leadership addressing industry/stakeholder concerns.
- Soliciting sensitive input from industry stakeholders in the development of TSA policy and communication of industry feedback to TSA staff to ensure that industry concerns are considered.
- Assisting the Policy Analysis Branch and Policy Execution Branch members in developing security gap analysis and best practices.
- Collecting stakeholder engagement metrics for all modes. Providing updates to the Mission Risk Knowledge (MRK) system and to Objectively Measured Risk Reduction (OMRR) system.
- Drafting acquisition related documents for procurement of new services such as the Statement of Work.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Open to all U.S. Citizens.
Salary range listed includes Locality Pay of 24.78%.
This position is located in Arlington, VA.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/436091100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.