This position is located within the U.S. Department of Transportation Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration’s (PHMSA) mission is to protect people, property, and the environment from risk inherent in transportation of hazardous materials-by pipeline and other modes of transportation.
This position serves as a Compliance Investigator in (Field Services Support, Eastern, Central, Western, Southwest, and Southern Regional Offices), Office of Hazardous Materials Safety Field Operations, Associate Administrator for Hazardous Materials Safety (OHMS), Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), Department of Transportation (DOT).
IDEAL CANDIDATE: This position is perfect for a Mid-Career Investigator/Enforcement Professional who is seeking a challenging assignment as a Compliance Investigator with in the Office of Hazardous Materials Enforcement's Atlanta regional office. A sample of the duties includes performing research, analytical, administrative, inspection, investigative, and enforcement duties related to the hazardous materials enforcement program. The Investigator will provide advice, both oral and written on inquiries from the general public, manufacturers, shippers, carriers, trade associations, inspection bureaus, professional and scientific societies, and other government departments and agencies regarding compliance with the Hazardous Materials Regulations.
As a Compliance Investigator, you will:
- Perform research, analytical, administrative and enforcement duties related to hazardous materials enforcement program, including field inspections, incident investigations, and accident investigations.
- Maintain a comprehensive and thorough understanding of the Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR), including new and pending changes to assure performance of duties involving investigations, inspections, analyses, and enforcement activities, as well as dealing with the public.
- Perform field investigations, conducts in-depth incident and accident investigations, and prepare enforcement reports relating to packaging manufactures.
- Conduct enforcement activities in conjunction with other modal administrations and assures that coverage of all aspects of hazardous materials transportation is properly maintained.
- Represent the Department in meetings with officials of Federal, State and local government departments and agencies, manufacturers, shippers, carriers, trade associations, inspections bureaus, law firms, and professional and scientific societies.
- Participate as a trainer in training activities, seminars, and courses concerning compliance with the enforcement of HMR. Participates in PHMSA outreach activities with other DOT modal administrations, other federal agencies, state and local agencies, regulated industry, and the general public.
50% or less - This position involves frequent travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/435972200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.