This is an excepted service appointment under the Pathways Intern Program. This appointment may be extended dependent upon the organization’s needs and funding.
To be eligible for consideration for this position ALL of the following requirements must be met:
- You must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) seeking student in an accredited high school or State approved home school, technical or vocational school, 2 or 4-years college or university, or graduate or professional school, with at least half-time course load.
- You must meet student eligibility for the duration of the appointment. Students graduating this spring and not continuing in another degree seeking program are NOT eligible.
- Transcript and proof of current student status is required with your application. Official transcript and proof of summer and/or fall enrollment will be required before appointment.
- You must have at least a 2.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average. This must be verifiable by the transcripts you submit with your application.
- You must be a US Citizen and at least 16 years of age.
- Intern Not-To-Exceed (NTE) Appointments are not eligible for promotion.
If selected, you must successfully complete a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S. A background investigation may also be necessary depending on the length of your appointment.
Learn more about this agency
The Student Trainee position is assigned to the Program Monitoring and Research Division (PMRD) within the Office of Policy Development and Research (PD&R). The incumbent of this position is a participant in the Pathways Intern Program, and as such, performs statistical and programming functions in support of the higher graded staff in the Division.
The primary function of the Program Monitoring and Research Division (PMRD) is to compile and analyze the data in HUD’s administrative systems and make the data available to HUD staff and to researchers.
PMRD is recruiting with a focus on spatial analysis and database development support, with a focus on disaster resilience and recovery (ArcGIS experience preferred). The duties of this position are designed to provide an opportunity for the incumbent to improve their spatial analysis and database development support under the direction of the supervisor and/or mentor.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Students who are currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment on at least a half-time basis at a qualifying educational institution in a certificate, degree, or diploma program.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/435522200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.