About the Agency
****THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN UPDATED TO REFLECT THAT IT IS NOT IN THE BARGAINING UNIT.****
This position has several duty locations which will be in Detroit, MI; New York, NY; and Seattle, WA and locality pay will be set based on selectee's remote duty location.
This vacancy is advertised under 2 different announcements. Some applicants may not be eligible to be hired under THIS announcement. Please make sure you apply to the announcement that entitles you to consideration. Read the `Who May Apply` section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see CLMSO-2016-0004, Data Dissemination Specialist, GS-0301-11/12, CENSUS-MP-DMM.
This vacancy is for a Data Dissemination Specialist position in the Customer Liaison and Marketing Services Division duty stationed in Detroit, MI; New York, NY; and Seattle, WA.
**Multiple selections may be made from various directorates within the Census Bureau from this announcement for a position with the same title, series, grade(s), promotion potential, general job responsibilities and duty location **
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: The successful candidates must live in the assignment area: the Detroit, MI metropolitan area; New York, NY metropolitan area; and the Seattle, WA metropolitan area.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Extensive travel required within the assignment area.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Conduct outreach to key stakeholders and the public with emphasis on creating and delivering presentations and workshops to explain the availability and usability of Census data.
- Use communication skills in using tactics and tools to educate audiences about Census Bureau and its programs.
- Work with diverse audiences to meet their data needs and elicit support for surveys and other census activities.
- Conduct research and analyze the demographics of the assignment area to assist with the development of communications strategies.
- Advise senior management on local matters affecting the agency’s mission.
- Document activity in a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Collaborate with colleagues to accomplish communication projects with measurable results.
- 50% or Greater
- Extensive travel required within the assignment area.