****THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN UPDATED TO REFLECT THAT IT IS NOT IN THE BARGAINING UNIT.****Learn more about this agency
This position has several duty locations which will be in Detroit, MI; New York, NY; and Seattle, WA and locality pay will be set based on selectee's remote duty location.
This vacancy is advertised under 2 different announcements. Some applicants may not be eligible to be hired under THIS announcement. Please make sure you apply to the announcement that entitles you to consideration. Read the `Who May Apply` section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see CLMSO-2016-0004, Data Dissemination Specialist, GS-0301-11/12, CENSUS-MP-DMM.
This vacancy is for a Data Dissemination Specialist position in the Customer Liaison and Marketing Services Division duty stationed in Detroit, MI; New York, NY; and Seattle, WA.
**Multiple selections may be made from various directorates within the Census Bureau from this announcement for a position with the same title, series, grade(s), promotion potential, general job responsibilities and duty location **
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: The successful candidates must live in the assignment area: the Detroit, MI metropolitan area; New York, NY metropolitan area; and the Seattle, WA metropolitan area.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Extensive travel required within the assignment area.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Conduct outreach to key stakeholders and the public with emphasis on creating and delivering presentations and workshops to explain the availability and usability of Census data.
- Use communication skills in using tactics and tools to educate audiences about Census Bureau and its programs.
- Work with diverse audiences to meet their data needs and elicit support for surveys and other census activities.
- Conduct research and analyze the demographics of the assignment area to assist with the development of communications strategies.
- Advise senior management on local matters affecting the agency’s mission.
- Document activity in a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Collaborate with colleagues to accomplish communication projects with measurable results.
50% or less - Extensive travel required within the assignment area.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Open to all U.S Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/434751300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.