When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.Learn more about this agency
This position is being announced under FEMA's Reservist Program. This is a 2 year appointment in the Excepted Service. Employment is on an intermittent basis.
This is an open continuous announcement which will remain open until 6/03/2016. This vacancy has multiple cut-off dates, with the first cut-off date being 4/14/2016 and subsequent cut-off dates every 2 weeks thereafter. Those who apply early will receive first consideration. At each cut-off date, qualification determinations will be done based on the applicants' resume and a list of qualified candidates will be referred to management for consideration.
The Reports Specialist (RPSP) provides comprehensive reports that give an accurate assessment of the National situation for senior leadership, Regional Response Coordination Center, and Incident Level staff. Primary duties include the following:
- Demonstrates computer proficiency in the basic functions of the current version of government-issued Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer; ability to gather and validate large amounts of required information;
- Ability to plan, organize, and adjust fluctuating assignments and workloads; prioritize and complete assigned reports on time;
- Ability to handle pressure and stress in a dynamic and changing environment;
- Ability to prepare well-organized, written reports and other documents that is audience appropriate;
- Ability to analyze large amounts of information and refer critical issues to leadership.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/434389400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.