When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.Learn more about this agency
This position is being announced under FEMA's Reservist Program. This is a 2 year appointment in the Excepted Service. Employment is on an intermittent basis.
This is an open continuous announcement which will remain open until 6/03/2016. This vacancy has multiple cut-off dates, with the first cut-off date being 4/14/16 and subsequent cut-off dates every 2 weeks thereafter. Those who apply early will receive first consideration. At each cut-off date, qualification determinations will be done based on the applicants' resume and a list of qualified candidates will be referred to management for consideration.
The Tribal Affairs Specialist (TBSP) provides subject matter expertise in tribal affairs. Primary duties include the following:
- Conducts preliminary tribal research;
- Completes cultural competency research as directed and brief to appropriate audiences;
- Reviews the tribe’s profile and incident specifics;
- Responds to inquiries regarding Tribal assistance programs;
- Creates and maintains a tribal activity contact log with all pertinent information;
- Conducts meetings with tribal officials as appropriate;
- Prepares and delivers a presentation at a tribal meeting (e.g. Tribal council, Business committee, Tribal subcommittee, and/or Tribal emergency manager); and
- Prepares communication in response to inquiries from or about tribes in coordination with appropriate leadership.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/434388200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.