When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.Learn more about this agency
This position is being announced under FEMA's Reservist Program. This is a 2 year appointment in the Excepted Service. Employment is on an intermittent basis.
This is an open continuous announcement which will remain open until 6/03/2016. This vacancy has multiple cut-off dates, with the first cut-off date being 4/13/16 and subsequent cut-off dates every 2 weeks thereafter. Those who apply early will receive first consideration. At each cut-off date, qualification determinations will be done based on the applicants’ resume and a list of qualified candidates will be referred to management for consideration.
The Limited English Proficiency(LEP) / Additional Communication Needs(ACN) Specialist provides subject matter expertise in providing LEP / ACN support. Primary duties include the following:
- Ability to research demographics and disaster situational awareness;
- Familiarity with LEP laws such as Executive Order 13166;
- Develops the LEP/ACN Assessment;
- Work with internal and external partners
- Work with individuals who have diverse linguistic/cultural backgrounds;
- Practice effective and appropriate interpersonal communication and team behavior;
- Report writing using basic computer skills in the use of Microsoft applications such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer;
- ***Language fluency in any language is beneficial but not required***.
- Ability to conduct communications planning activities for emergency management programs and operations.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/434385500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.