These positions are located in the Budget and Travel Branch of the National Capitol Region Business Service Center (NCRBSC), Administrative and Financial Management (AFM), Agricultural Research Service (ARS). The NCRBSC provides both administrative and technical support services to four headquarters organizations to also include the REE Mission Area - Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Economic Research Service (ERS), National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) and National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA).Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will serve as back-up and support to the Budget and Travel Branch Team Lead, to assist in the management aspects relevant to AFM operations. In this position you would coordinate and oversee the funds management of the AFM Management Units, and provide analysis and support for AFM budget activities as well as support to the Areas and Program Management as required.
NOTE: The salary range represented above is from the 2016 BASE GS rate and does not include locality pay. Salary ranges vary according to the geographic area locality tables. The incumbent’s salary will be sent according to the locality table for that region as indicated in the list below:
Ft. Collins, CO: $63,691 - $99,243 (Denver-Aurora, CO Pay Table)
Albany, CA: $70,333 - $109,592 (San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, CA Pay Table)
Athens, GA: $61,956 - $96,538 (Atlanta-Athens-Clarke County-Sandy Springs, GA-AL Pay Table)
Beltsville, MD: $64,650 - $100,736 (Washington-Baltimore-Arlington, DC-MD-VA-WV-PA Pay Table)
College Station, TX: $59,246 - $92,316 (Rest of the US Pay Table)
Wyndmoor, PA: $63,323 - $98,669 (Philadelphia-Reading-Camden, PA-NJ-DE-MD Pay Table)
Stoneville, MS: $59,246 - $92,316 (Rest of the US Pay Table)
Peoria, IL: $59,246 - $92,316 (Rest of the US Pay Table)
Major Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Projects trends from unpredictable fund sources such as salary lapse and pay cost/locality pay and makes recommendations relative thereto.
- Correlates and verifies such data with internal records to arrive at judgments concerning adherence to or deviation from planned expenditures and fund availability.
- Formulates the annual pay cost and other fund entitlements and presents the findings in a manner that meets the requirement of the requesting office.
- Reviews and analyzes proposed operating plans for technical content, proper format accuracy, and conformance with budgetary policy and guidelines.
- Implements policies and procedures for formulation and execution aspects relating to the operating budgets.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current permanent Agricultural Research Service (ARS) employees on competitive appointments and CTAP eligibles.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/434307500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.