When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.Learn more about this agency
This position is being announced under FEMA's Reservist Program. This is a 2 year appointment in the Excepted Service. Employment is on an intermittent basis.
This is an open continuous announcement which will remain open until 6/03/2016. This vacancy has multiple cut-off dates, with the first cut-off date being 4/12/2016 and subsequent cut-off dates every 2 weeks thereafter. Those who apply early will receive first consideration. At each cut-off date, qualification determinations will be done based on the applicants' resume and a list of qualified candidates will be referred to management for consideration.
The Private Sector Specialist (PSSP) coordinates between FEMA and the private sector during disaster response, recovery, and mitigation efforts, including coordination of resource requirements and contributions. The PSSP advises on private sector concerns and issues and identifies the disaster's impact on private sector organizations. Primary duties include the following:
- Researches private sector stakeholders and disaster situational awareness;
- Identifies the disaster’s impact on the private sector organizations;
- Informs internal partners of private sector concerns relevant to their program area;
- Gathers information from Planning and Products that can be used for private sector outreach, as directed;
- Makes initial contact with private sector organizations and exchange contact information;
- Creates and maintains a private sector database to track activities with private sector organizations;
- Disseminates disaster-related materials and information to private sector organizations;
- Identifies private sector trends and needs to immediate supervisor;
- Reviews websites and news sources for recent media activities related to the private sector community;
- Creates an email distribution list for private sector organizations;
- Schedules and conducts private sector office visits;
- Creates and submits a daily report for the assigned area; and
- Provides input regarding reporting requirements and for the development of appropriate private sector materials for distribution.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/434196700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.