When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.Learn more about this agency
This position is being announced under FEMA's Reservist Program. This is a 2 year appointment in the Excepted Service. Employment is on an intermittent basis.
This is an open continuous announcement which will remain open until 6/03/2016. This vacancy has multiple cut-off dates, with the first cut-off date being 4/8/16 and subsequent cut-off dates every 2 weeks thereafter. Those who apply early will receive first consideration. At each cut-off date, qualification determinations will be done based on the applicants’ resume and a list of qualified candidates will be referred to management for consideration.
The Program Liaison Specialist (PMSP) provides subject matter expertise in program liaison. Primary duties include the following:
- Knowledge of the operations response process and ability to explain its elements; collect information from assigned program area and culls information relevant to EA;
- Understands various programs to include Public Assistance, Individuals and Households Program, Hazard Mitigation Program, Other Needs Assistance, and additional forms of assistance to be able to explain the processes; provide information from External Affairs to assigned program area and act as EA advocate; assist in the identification of subject matter experts for Speakers Bureau participation and potential media interviews.
- Knowledge of Joint Field Office operations and Incident Command System structure;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing;
- Ability to communicate orally;
- Report writing using basic computer skills in the use of Microsoft applications such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/433943400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.