When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.Learn more about this agency
This position is being announced under FEMA's Reservist Program. This is a 2 year appointment in the Excepted Service. Employment is on an intermittent basis.
This is an open continuous announcement which will remain open until 6/03/2016. This vacancy has multiple cut-off dates, with the first cut-off date being 4/8/16 and subsequent cut-off dates every 2 weeks thereafter. Those who apply early will receive first consideration. At each cut-off date, qualification determinations will be done based on the applicants’ resume and a list of qualified candidates will be referred to management for consideration.
The Strategy and Messaging Specialist (SMSP) provides subject matter expertise in strategy and messaging. Primary duties include the following:
- Obtains information on disaster situational awareness;
- Obtains current FEMA External Affairs templates;
- Prepares the ICS 215 Form (Operational Planning Worksheet) for External Affairs, as directed;
- Participates in tactics meeting, as directed, and determines strategic messaging based on the outcomes of the meeting;
- Attends the operational period Operations briefing to gather situational awareness;
- Develops and prioritizes a list of key issues for messaging based on data collection and meetings;
- Develops and obtains approval of the Communications Plan;
- Determines appropriate communication modes via social media, news release, press conference. or town hall meeting; and
- Write a “Rapid Response” Media Communications Plan.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/433943200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.