Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Discover a challenging and rewarding career with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the sole organization responsible for securing the nation's borders. CBP employees protect our Nation's borders from terrorism, human and drug smuggling, illegal migration, and agricultural pests while simultaneously facilitating the flow of legitimate travel and trade. The CBP Officer position starts at a salary of $32,318 (GS-5 grade level), with promotion potential to $71,012 (GS-12 grade level). Apply to this exciting opportunity to strengthen the Department's and our partners' ability to perform their homeland security functions by doing the following:
- Detect and prevent terrorist and terrorist weapons from entering the United States
- Enforce customs, immigration and agricultural laws and regulations at U.S. ports of entry
- Prevent the illegal trafficking of people, narcotics and contraband into the United States
The video: Securing America's Ports of Entry emphasizes the importance of CBP Field Operations' frontline role in helping CBP accomplish its mission. For more information on CBP's mission, activities, and careers, please visit our website at CBP.gov
This is a polygraph designated position. You must take and pass a polygraph examination to be eligible for the position.
Due to mission critical needs, the agency is offering a Recruitment Incentive for the following locations; Douglas, Lukeville, Nogales and San Luis, AZ, Calexico, CA, Coburn Gore and Jackman, ME, Pembina and Portal, ND, and Presidio, TX. The Recruitment Incentive pays 25% (except Pembina pays 10%) of an employee's base pay (including locality) per year for three (3) years. A service agreement is required prior to entering on duty. This incentive applies to new federal employees only and is dependent upon the availability of funds.Learn more about this agency
Being a Customs and Border Protection Officer makes you a valuable member of the Federal Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) profession. Typical assignments include:
- Enforcing customs, immigration, and agriculture law and regulations;
- Facilitating the flow of legitimate trade and travel;
- Conducting inspections of individuals and conveyances;
- Determining the admissibility of individuals for entry into the United States; and
- Preventing the illegal entry of individuals and prohibited goods and the smuggling of illegal drugs and other contraband.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/433646200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.