OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.Learn more about this agency
The Auditor, located in the Office of Audits and Evaluations, will be on an audit team that is responsible for planning and conducting financial and performance audits of VA programs, functions, and operations.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-13.
- Identifies the required audit coverage to accomplish objectives and assists in the planning and coordination with team members who may be located in several geographic areas during an audit project.
- Develops new audit approaches where no precedents exist and/or develops creative solutions to controversial problems and resolves issues where governing laws and regulations are highly interpretive and/or precedents are nonexistent, obscure, or conflicting.
- Drafts surveys and audit debriefs describing results of work and prepares draft audit reports.
- Prepares and/or reviews work papers; assesses findings for incorporation into final audit report; develops audit findings; and ensures sufficient, competent, and relevant evidence is documented to support audit project findings.
- Represents the office on interagency task forces established to study specific audit procedures, and processes, or on joint projects with other OIG offices as required.
- Prepares various types of reports, briefings and testimony that cover all major financial and management aspects of VA programs.
25% or less - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/432892100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.