Who May Apply: Current Federal employees serving under career or career-conditional competitive service appointments, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, or persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special appointment authorities. Veterans who are preference eligible or separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after 3 or more years of continuous service may apply under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-OIG-OAS-DE-1649529-TLG under competitive procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under competitive procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.Learn more about this agency
This position serves as an Auditor responsible for covering a wide range of health and human services programs which the incumbent will provide audit services to all management levels within the areas serviced by the Regional Office through the conduct of comprehensive audits which include examination of the operations of the Department, its grantees and contractors and review of reports of audits conducted by non-HHS auditors.
If selected for the position, the incumbent will:
- Examine financial transactions, accounts, and reports, including an evaluation to ensure audits are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Develop and present report of audit findings and make recommendations for improvement to program operations.
- Conduct tests and examinations of accounting systems and records, internal controls, policies and practices, and other management information pertinent to the audit.
- Participate in and/ or conduct entrance conferences with other auditors.
- Identify the need for changes and modifications in audit guides.
- Review audit reports received from non-HHS auditors to ensure required information is included and to resolve discrepancies.
50% or less - Position requires at least 50% travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/432739000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.