DOL seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. DOL fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all individuals are able to participate and contribute to their full potential.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Department of Labor, Office of Inspector General’s Labor Racketeering and Division of Investigations, Headquaters. OLRFIs' mission is two-fold:(1) to conduct criminal investigations relating to programs and operations of the Department of Labor, in order to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in such programs and operations;and (2) to identify and reduce labor racketeering and corruption in employee benefit plans, labor-management relations, and internal union affairs, and to investigate activity by traditional and non-traditional organized crime groups that adversely affect the American worker.
The incumbent must have obtained and continue to maintain a non-vendor specific certification such as : CISSP, CFCE, CAWFE, CCE, CCI, DFE, GCFA, GCFE.
This position is at the full performance level of the GS-14.
This position is outside the bargaining unit.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) will NOT be offered.
Recruitment incentives will NOT be offered.
The Major Duties consists of:
1. Providing professional leadership and technical and administrative supervision to staff located at Headquarters and various field locations. Gives advice, counsel, or instruction to individual employees on both work and administrative matters; interviews candidates for positions; makes recommendations for appointment, promotion, or reassignment; hears and resolves complaints; effects disciplinary measures; identifies developmental and training needs for staff; and evaluates performance.
2. Reviewing and approving preliminary and final investigative reports to ensure compliance with investigative directives, standards, and guidelines. Oral briefs U.S. Attorneys and directs subordinates in assembling and presenting evidence for subsequent prosecution. Ensures the accuracy of information entered by subordinates into the case management system as well as the information contained in reports of investigation.
3. Conducting, directing and overseeing investigations into difficult, complex, technical, and sensitive investigations involving electronic and digital evidence which may be national in scope. These investigations may include complex networking and communications problems and legal issues, which may require law enforcement and civilian cooperation nationwide. Plans, organizes, conducts or coordinates complex investigations into intrusions of DOL systems or situations where a computer or other electronic device is used as a tool in the commission of a crime.
4. Provideing guidance to criminal complaints and allegations to determine certain patterns and trends of these criminal acts and recommends appropriate action to be taken. Ensures investigations are handled with tact and discretion since the principal suspects may be officials in governmental units or private enterprise and premature public disclosure of evidence could impede the investigations or unjustly affect the reputation of innocent persons.
5. Conducting laboratory analyses of the contents of seized electronic and digital media in accordance with accepted computer forensic investigative techniques and procedures, and rules of criminal procedures. The incumbent will prepare results of the examination for presentation to the case agent and AUSA. The incumbent will archive and store the results of each examination. The incumbent will perform other duties in accordance with the agency’s policies and needs.
50% or less - May require frequent travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All current federal Department of Labor, Office of the Inspector General employees only with competitive status. CTAP eligibles in the local commuting area. Qualified Land Management Eligibles.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/432504400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.