About the Agency
***This announcement is being amended to extend the closing date through June 12, 2017.***
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
This position is located in the NOAA Acquisition and Grants Office (AGO), a corporate staff office of the Under Secretary for Oceans and Atmosphere and Administrator, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). AGO acquires products and services and awards the financial assistance necessary to meet the mission and goals of NOAA. Through the award of contracts and grants, AGO administers more than half the NOAA outlay each year. AGO plans, designs and coordinates acquisition and grants standards, practices, and procedures for all NOAA offices and their subordinate entities. It provides program direction and guidance to the NOAA headquarters and field procurement and grants organizations. AGO awards and administers all NOAA acquisition and financial assistance transactions and it provides acquisition and financial assistance services to DOC operating units and services other Federal agencies on a reimbursable basis.
Salary ranges will vary based on the location. Please visit: OPM Salary Charts for specific salary information related to a specific location.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION DEADLINE: The first referral of candidates from this announcement will be made from applications received by 11:59 PM EST, Monday, March 28, 2016. Subsequent cut off dates may be established.
Category Rating, Veterans Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this Public Notice.
- A one year probationary/trial period may be required.
- Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
- Positions in Boulder, Co are in a bargaining unit. All other positions are not in a bargaining unit.
*This vacancy may be used to fill other Contract Specialist, GS-1102-09/11/12 positions throughout NOAA.
The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
At the full performance level, GS-12, the individual selected for this position will serve as a Senior Contract Specialist. The individual will:
- Perform complex research and development, critical state-of-the-art or scarce requirements, advanced studies and other similar procurements of a highly specialized nature within the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), as well as other bureaus within the Department of Commerce (DoC).
- Planning, negotiations, awards, modifications, and settlement of claims and terminations of assigned procurements.
- Manage assigned contracts, leases, grants, and interagency and cooperative agreements within NOAA and DoC;
- Use a wide variety of cost and fixed-price contracts and multi-year contracts;
- Develop and/or review complex pricing arrangements;
- Audit or review major acquisitions of similar complexity, present findings, recommend corrective actions and policy or procedure improvements;
- Conduct meetings with contractors on sensitive and/or acquisition related issues as a contractual representative when warranted;
- Advise next level management on the status of procurement actions, including problems encountered and proposed solutions.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel is required up to 15%.