This is a summer position located in the Library of the Supreme Court of the United States.
Closing Date: Friday, April 01, 2016, 11:59 PM
The Summer Assistant in the Research Services Department of the Library will create and update research guides and legislative histories, work on weeding and collection development projects, and assist librarians with selected research questions. Depending on the assistant's educational background, additional duties and projects may be assigned.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
1. Enrollment in, or completion of, a Master of Library Science degree program including completion of at least one government documents or legal bibliography course OR- successful completion of one year toward a law degree and library work experience.
2. Work experience, preferably in a library or legal office setting.
3. Ability to communicate clearly, courteously, and effectively both orally and in writing required.
4. Availability for at least eight weeks.
5. Employment is subject to successful completion of a security background check.
What To Expect Next
Upon submission, you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application. We will contact you by telephone or email by early May regarding your application.
Summer Assistants are temporary staff members. Appointments are for a minimum of 8 weeks and a maximum of 13 weeks. Summer Assistants are eligible for the SmarTrip transit subsidy.
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. See www.sss.gov.