About the Agency
***This announcement is being amended to extend the closing date through June 5, 2017 and to clarify the qualification requirements.***
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
This position is located in the NOAA Acquisition and Grants Office (AGO), a corporate staff office of the Under Secretary for Oceans and Atmosphere and Administrator, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). AGO acquires products and services and awards the financial assistance necessary to meet the mission and goals of NOAA. Through the award of contracts and grants, AGO administers more than half the NOAA outlay each year. AGO plans, designs and coordinates acquisition and grants standards, practices, and procedures for all NOAA offices and their subordinate entities. It provides program direction and guidance to the NOAA headquarters and field procurement and grants organizations. AGO awards and administers all NOAA acquisition and financial assistance transactions and it provides acquisition and financial assistance services to DOC operating units and services other Federal agencies on a reimbursable basis.
Salary ranges will vary based on the location. Please visit: OPM Salary Charts for specific salary information related to a specific location.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION DEADLINE: The first referral of candidates from this announcement will be made from applications received by 11:59 PM EST, Monday, March 21, 2016. Subsequent cut off dates may be established.
Category Rating, Veterans Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this Public Notice.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Supervisory probationary period may be required.
- Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
- These positions are not in a bargaining unit.
*This vacancy may be used to fill other Supervisory Contract Specialist, GS-1102-14 positions throughout NOAA.
The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
The individual selected for this position will:
- Serve as a Branch Chief and a Contracting Officer for the Division on a broad range of complex, high dollar value acquisitions for products and services necessary to meet the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) mission requirements.
- Be responsible for the overall technical supervision of the immediate procurement staff and for the negotiation of contracts of an unprecedented nature or those which have a major influence on key department programs.
- Act as a principal representative of the NOAA Acquisition and Grants Office to customers within NOAA;
- Review, coordinate, modify, and maintain responsibility for work deliverables assigned to other Contract Specialists;
- Make presentations, conduct training, and consult with program managers and end users across NOAA and DOC;
- Conduct negotiations and meetings with contractors on sensitive and/or controversial issues as an authoritative contractual representative; and
- Advise senior level management on the status of procurement actions, including problems encountered and proposed solutions to program difficulties.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel is required up to 15%.