This position is located in Department of Defense, Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Office of the Assistant Inspector General for Mission Support Team (MST),Office of Security, Special Security Office (SSO). The Office of Security/SSO is directly establishing and implementing policies and procedures for the administration of DoD and National Security Programs.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
· Current Permanent Department of Defense DODIG
· Current Permanent Non-Department of Defense Civilian Employee - Non DOD Transfer
· Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
· Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
· Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
· Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
· Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
· Eligible for 30% Disabled Veterans
· Eligible for Persons with DisabilityLearn more about this agency
As a Security Specialist, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as Assistant Special Security Officer (Asst. SSO) or Special Security Representative (SSR) responsible for the day-to-day management and implementation of SCI/SAP security and administrative procedures for a subordinate OIG SCIF in support of the Department of Defense (DoD) Office of the Inspector General (OIG).
- Apprising the SCIF Component Head, Director of Security and OIG SSO on security program issues and requirements to implement appropriate security processes and procedures within the subordinate SCI/SAPF. Developing and implementing Standard Operating Procedures for the Facility and us of special programs information within.
- Initiating and executing SCI, SAP, and Special Access Required (SAR) Programs processes and procedures for the subordinate SCIF/SAPF.
- Coordinating and consulting with Intelligence Community (IC) Security Officials on a wide variety of security issues including the use, storage and retention of SCI/SAP/SAR materials within the subordinate SCIF, including those materials, that based on their sensitivity and classification, by law and sensitivity level, cannot be sent to the National Archives.
- Reviewing SARs, SCIFs, SAP and SCI plans and proposals, requests and applications, and operating procedures for appropriateness, accuracy and adequacy.
- Performing comprehensive evaluations of operations and security procedures within the subordinate SCIF/SAPF to ensure compliance with ODNI, DoD, and DIA directives and other relevant law, regulation and policy.
- Implementing and enforcing compliance procedures for information systems and network security requirements for processing unclassified, sensitive unclassified, and all levels and categories of classified information. Identifying operational requirements and defining the mode-of-operation (i.e., access and information limitations), and any additional requirements.
- Providing guidance, direction, and assistance to SIC-indoctrinated personnel and contractors on all aspects of SCI security program management, to include technical, physical, personnel, and information security requirements.
Occasional travel - Approximately 15% of work time requires travel
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles). Current Permanent Career or Career Conditional Federal Employees with Competitive Status, Reinstatement Eligibles, Individuals with Special Appointing Authorities, Interchange Agreement, Disabled Veterans & ICTAP Eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/432103400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.