This Standing Register announcement allows acceptance of applications through the closing date. The intent of this announcement is to establish a standing register of qualified candidates and refer for consideration when vacancies occur. The first Cut-Off date for receipt/referral of applications to be considered for available vacant positions will be March 31, 2016; subsequent Cut-Off dates will be April 29, 2016; May 31, 2016; June 30, 2016; July 28, 2016; Aug.31, 2016; Sept. 30, 2016; Oct. 31, 2016; Nov. 30, 2016; Dec 30, 2016; Jan. 30, 2017; March 2, 2017. Once all selections are made, this announcement will be closed without further notice.
This position requires a personnel security investigation
About the Position:
Mobile District has over 1,200 civilian and 10 military personnel. These employees work in fields that are diverse, including project management, water resources planning and management, engineering and architectural design, construction, and operations and maintenance. Mobile District's military mission covers over 252,000 square miles, and supports the Army, Air Force, NASA and other federal agencies in Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, and Central and South America. The civil works mission covers 96,000 square miles in Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Mississippi. It includes all river, harbor and flood control works within the drainage basin of six major river systems.**NOTE: National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) CP4 "Cathodic Protection Specialist" certification is required within twelve months of being assigned. A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the design, installation, maintenance, and repair of cathodic protection corrosion control, and/or coating systems is preferred.**
**NOTE: Professional Registration is desired.**
Who May Apply: U.S. CitizensLearn more about this agency
- Serves as the Senior Cathodic Protection engineer leading US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Corrosion Control and Cathodic Protection Technical Center of Expertise (TCX),comprised of a multidiscipline engineering team.
- Create, manage, coordinating, review and provide engineering technical advice relative to all aspects of design, construction and operations and maintenance of cathodic protection systems.
- Accountable for outcomes and result, timely delivery of quality work products and services produced by engineers with the Technical center of expertise.
- Assists design and project engineers within organization through knowledge and application of skills directly relating to cathodic protection.
- Serves as the lead cathodic protection designer on the more difficult and complex design projects and as a formal team leader on assigned projects.
25% or less - Up to 25% over land, sea or air
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/431708300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.