Who May Apply: Current Federal employees serving under career or career-conditional competitive service appointments, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, or persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special appointment authorities. Veterans who are preference eligible or separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after 3 or more years of continuous service may apply under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Human Capital Division (HCD), Office of Management and Policy (OMP), Office of Inspector General (OIG). The incumbent serves as the Deputy Human Resources Officer, and the supervisor of the Staffing and Classification Unit. The incumbent is recognized as an expert and the primary HR authoritative source for staffing and classification human resources programs, plans and initiatives.
- Provides expert consultation of proposed management actions, which include policy and regulatory interpretation involving complex and precedent setting situations.
- Identifies requirements and takes action to implement new policies or programs as required by the Office of Personnel Management )(OPM).
- Interprets broad policy, goals, program planning documents and directives to apply human capital project development requirements.
- May represent the Human Capital Director or OPM executives at important project meetings and conferences within the outside OIG.
- Responsible for the direct supervision and development of a team of HR Specialist and HR Assistants, to ensure that OIG clients receive high quality service.
- Administers a broad spectrum of actions with full delegated authority to deliver human capital services in a timely, technically sound and proactive manner. Functional areas include but are not limited to recruitment and staffing, classification and position management, payroll, automated human resource systems, special emphasis programs, and strategic planning.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/431677200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.