This position is located in the Defense Health Agency (DHA) under the policy guidance and direction of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Health Affairs) in Silver Spring, MD. The position is Staff Curator for the National Museum of Health and Medicine with oversight responsibility for personnel, administration, planning, resource development and use, and activities of the collection department of the National Museum of Health and Medicine.Learn more about this agency
As a Staff Curator (Collections), your duties will be but not limited to:
1. Establishing, planning, and executing the work of the collection activities of the Museum
2. Supervising assigned personnel
3. Coordinating internal operations of the collections areas within the Museum master plan
4. Managing resources in support of the collections-related missions and facilities
5. Coordinating collections research and development-related grant activities, including identifying non-destructive research opportunities and prioritizing application activities
6. Overseeing proposal content and budgetary issues
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/431610700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.