This position is located in the Department of Defense, Office of Inspector General (DoDIG), Office of the Deputy Inspector General (ODIG) for Policy and Oversight (P&O). P&O provides oversight and policy for audit and investigative activities within DoD. P&O also conducts engineering-type assessments and provides technical support to OIG projects. All P&O activity is done to facilitate change by promoting efficiency and enhanced program results on matters of interest to members of Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Inspector General, and DoD leaders. The incumbent serves as an analyst, responsible for reviewing and implementing significant DoD OIG operations.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
· Current Permanent Department of Defense DODIG
· Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - DOD Transfer (Excluding DODIG)
· Eligible under Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)Learn more about this agency
- Monitor project completion of all P&O's projects to ensure they meet regulatory compliance.
- Analyzes project plans, dollars budgeted and spent, measure the strategic contribution of competing requests and flags issues and risks.
- Prepares real time reports and briefs senior management and provides status updates on project progress.
- Develops and provides training in the use of Project Management (PM) software/tools.
- Conducts reviews and analysis of P&O products and services.
- Identify trends, strengths, vulnerabilities on recurring issues in quality that cross P&O Directorates' functional lines and involve individual or multiple projects.
- Assists in the administration of budget, human resources, property accountability and other administrative duties.
- Assists in the management of administrative operations and tasks.
- Develops comprehensive plans and strategies for internal /external administrative and operational integration of P&O projects, actions, and activities associated with the P&O mission.
- Represents P&O in all OIG DoD working groups and is responsible for products required the groups.
Occasional travel - May require up to 10% of temporary travel duty (TDY).
Who May Apply
This job is open to…DoD-Wide Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/431585000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.