GAO's work is designed to address four common goals:Learn more about this agency
- to help the Congress address current and emerging challenges to the well-being and financial security of the American people;
- to help the Congress to respond to changing security threats and the challenges of global interdependence;
- to help transform the Federal government to address national challenges; and
- to maximize the value of GAO by enabling quality, timely service to Congress and by being a leading practices Federal agency. If you want to help form public policy, and you have exceptional analytical, communication, and collaboration skills, and can demonstrate high levels of initiative, then GAO is where you want to be! To learn more about GAO please visit us on the web at http://www.gao.gov/careers/index.html.
This position is located in the Government Accountability Office (GAO), Office of Public Affairs (OPA). OPA is responsible for providing news media and the general public with accurate and timely information about GAO and its activities. The primary purpose of this position is to assist in the development and production of reports, correspondence, testimonies and other products.
- Analyzes and writes draft products by recommending reorganization and revisions to improve coherence, flow, clarity and consistency; ensures consistency between themes and overall message and addresses gaps in logic or evidence to ensure that products meet GAO quality control standards.
- Determines sufficiency of evidence to support statements made on social media.
- Assists in writing and/or editing the content of internal and external written products, web sites, and oral presentations, including briefings, presentations, speeches, articles for publication and white papers.
- Supports teams and offices in the production of reports, and other products including special publications which may involve innovative and atypical publishing requirements. Helps develop, write, and produce blog posts, social media posts (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, WatchBlog), video storyboards, podcast introductions and questions, and website text.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Applicants with status (i.e., current permanent Federal employees in the competitive service and former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility); those eligible for appointment under special hiring authorities ; and veterans’ eligible under a VEOA Authority.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/431389700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.