If you would like to be a part of a Federal organization dedicated to serving our nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoDIG). The agency promotes integrity, accountability and improvement of critical DoD programs and operations to support mission accomplishment and to serve the public interest. The OIG offers the full range of Federal benefits (see link below) and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.
This position is with the Department of Defense (DoD), Office of Inspector General (OIG), Office of the Mission Support Team (MST), Office of Security (OS) and is located in Alexandria, VA. The Information Security Specialist is responsible for conducting management, analytical, and administrative services in the area of information security.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as an Information Security Specialist responsible for projects and assignments in information security, including, but not limited to, the classification and identification of information requiring protection, designating the levels of protection required and classification and control of all sensitive information stemming from audits or investigations
- Performs the initial investigation of incident reports and prepares report to Director, Office of Security
- Reviews alleged security violations to determine whether further investigation is warranted
- Performs reviews of security projects and conducts onsite progress inspections of ongoing programs related to Information Security
- Prepares security incident reports, security reviews of both internal and external audits, and annual agency reports, and recommends corrective action
Occasional travel - Approximately 15% of work time requires travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current permanent career or career-conditional federal employees, reinstatement eligibles, special appointing authority eligibles, interchange agreement eligibles, disabled veterans, Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles & ICTAP eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/431321300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.