This position is located in Department of Defense, Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Mission Support Team, Strategy, Planning, and Innovation Office. The incumbent serves as the Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Master Black Belt and Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) advisor to the OIG. The incumbent is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of plans, policies, and procedures for the Lean Six Sigma business process improvement initiatives.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
· Current Permanent Department of Defense DODIG
· Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)Learn more about this agency
As a Process Improvement Specialist your duties will include, but are not limited to:
Master Black Belt Advisor/Consultant
- Coordinating, closely with the OIG leadership, to identify potential improvement opportunities.
- Advising management officials in the decision making process with the goal of optimizing scarce resources given the demands of meeting OIG requirements, reducing rework, determining operational capacity, and increasing quality.
Lean Six Sigma Trainer
- Serving as a trainer for Green Belt, Black Belt and Project Sponsor courses. Mentoring students to project completion.
- Advising OIG leadership on needed training by researching costs and methods of in-house or contract presentation.
Policy and Oversight
- Developing, implementing, administering, and monitoring OIG CPI activities based on a review of policies, procedures, and guidelines received from DoD.
- Keeping management and employees informed of issues, trends, and development in the areas of Lean Six Sigma and Continuous Process Improvements to allow for rapid, proactive development of strategies and plans for adoption of ideas and best practices.
- Responsible for awareness and training of IGea, the OIG's electronic idea box.
Occasional travel - Less than 10% of travel required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…DoD-Wide Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/431185000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.