Who May Apply: Current Federal employees serving under career or career-conditional competitive service appointments, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, or persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special appointment authorities. Veterans who are preference eligible or separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after 3 or more years of continuous service may apply under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of the Inspector General (OIG), Office of Management and Policy (OMP), Budget Division. This position is established as a Supervisory Budget Analyst and reports to the OIG Budget Officer. The incumbent serves as the OIG's expert on budget execution and is responsible for managing the day-to-day budget execution activities for the agency.
- Supervises a group of employees performing work at various grade levels, providing administrative and technical supervision necessary for accomplishing work of the unit.
- Plans and implements agency-wide program and budget guidance governing the execution of budgets.
- Oversees and manages budget operations for an agency organization or program.
- Serves as the organization's authority on budget execution matters, managing agency budget execution for multi-year substantive programs.
- Continually modifies long range budget plans in accordance with changes in Congressional and Presidential program goals.
- Presents and justifies the annual budget plan to top management officials and/or staff of congressional appropriations committees for an organization with multiple major subordinate components, each with diverse, multi-year substantive programs.
- Formulates and develops strategies for presenting program budgets to OMB and Congress.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/431132300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.