This position is located in Department of Defense, Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Office of the Deputy Assistant Inspector General for Administrative Investigations (AI), Directorate for Whistleblower Reprisal Investigations. The WRI is responsible for investigating whistleblower reprisal and restriction complaints filed by members of the armed forces, DoD employees, contractors and subcontractors; and providing oversight of IG service component investigations.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
· Current Permanent Department of Defense DODIG
· Current Permanent Non-Department of Defense Civilian Employee - Non DOD Transfer
· Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
· Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
· Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
· Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
· Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
· Eligible for 30% Disabled Veterans
· Eligible for Persons with DisabilityLearn more about this agency
As an Outreach Specialist your duties will include:
- Serving as the WRI lead in all matters relating to outreach to the military services, DoD appropriated and non-appropriated fund civilian employees, and contractor management officials within the DoD.
- Serving as the WRI's and AI's chief proponent and focal point for outreach services to DoD Components interested in protecting whistleblowers and those conducting whistleblower reprisal investigations.
- Developing materials, in conjunction with training specialist, to ensure that all DoD components receive identical guidance and information on policy and methodologies to ensure consistency in the administration of the agency's whistleblower protection program across the Department.
- Serving as WRI's chief proponent of its Web pages, developing information for both intra- and internet sites and maintaining the sites to optimize their utility in reaching out to potential whistleblowers and guiding DoD reprisal investigators who conduct investigations.
- Contacting senior management within AI and DoDIG along with high-ranking officials to include: senior DoD civilian officials and military officers to increase awareness and to provide training to persons or groups regarding the agency's whistleblower protection program.
25% or less - Travel up to 25% TDY
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles). Current Permanent Career or Career Conditional Federal Employees with Competitive Status, Reinstatement Eligibles, Individuals with Special Appointing Authorities, Interchange Agreement, Disabled Veterans & ICTAP Eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/430387100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.