The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visitNIH Overview.
If you have experience in developing and conducting comprehensive public affairs programs and utilizing various communications vehicles to interpret, develop, test, and disseminate policies, goals, and research accomplishments, AND you want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the Office of Communication and Public Liaison (OCPL), National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD). The OCPL is responsible for all communications activities for the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD). For more information, visit http://nimhd.nih.gov/.
As a Public Affairs Specialist, you will:
- Serve as responsible party for both media and public inquiries.
- Research, analyze, and interpret complex and rapidly evolving information on a variety of scientific, technical, and health-related subjects and issues.
- Advise, develop and implement communications, marketing, and outreach strategies to include information strategies and projects to educate and inform the public of NIMHD research programs and accomplishments.
- Develop and implement publicity plans for meetings, lectures, special events, and other NIMHD activities.
- Collaborate, develop, and implement short- and long-term communications goals and objectives, and outreach programs, including development of an annual strategic plan and social media plan for both communications and media relations activities.
- Occasional Travel
- Possibly no travel or up to 3-4 times a year