The National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS). National Institutes of Health (NIH) is recruiting for multiple Health Scientist Administrator (Program Officer) positions.
Positions are currently available in the following areas:
Division of Training, Workforce Development, and Diversity (TWD), Undergraduate and Predoctoral Training Branch (UPT).
For more information on the Division of Training, Workforce Development, and Diversity (TWD) please visit the following page: http:/ https://www.nigms.nih.gov/about/overview/Pages/TWD.aspx.
The Center for Research Capacity Building (CRCB).
For more information on the Center for Research Capacity Building (CRCB) please visit the following page: http://https://www.nigms.nih.gov/about/overview/Pages/crcb.aspx.
Although not required, physicians with research experience in the biomedical sciences are preferred to fill one of the five vacancies and are encouraged to applyLearn more about this agency
As a Health Scientist Administrator, you will:
- Perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities relating to the administration of a large research grants program involving epidemiologic, basic and clinical studies.
- Manage programs for research training and research career development programs (including fellowships).
- Serve as a staff specialist for a significant segment of a subject matter or program area and provides technical guidance to the scientific community in planning, coordinating, and evaluating proposed research projects and programs of interest to the agency.
- Recommend policies and procedures to improve operations of the Branch and Division. Identify new basic, translational and clinical research concepts, projects and initiatives to appropriate advisory groups.
- Identify new basic, translational and clinical research concepts, projects and initiatives to appropriate advisory groups.
- Perform scientific and administrative reviews and analyses of applications/proposals from a programmatic viewpoint.
- Organize and conduct workshops, conferences, symposia or similar activities to foster the aims of the Branch and the Division, to facilitate communication among investigators, or to advise on the status of progress and emerging directions of research in the assigned program area.
- Participate in the development, coordination, and administration of grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts established to fulfill the mission of the Branch and Division.
Occasional travel - Some travel required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/430055400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.