DEPARTMENT OF CONGRESSIONAL AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS : Candidates will have an opportunity to assist in a wide range of duties to help increase public awareness of MCC's mission, goals, and accomplishments. Opportunities are available in the following areas: Congressional Affairs, Public Affairs, and Media Relations.
· Congressional Affairs Intern: Interns will assist with managing MCC's relationship with members and committees of the House and Senate, Office of Management and Budget, as well as inter-agency Board representatives. Examples of such duties include:
1. Attend legislative hearings and draft readouts
2. Attend relevant think tank events and draft readouts
3. Manage Hill deliveries
4. Compile information on Hill stakeholders to help CA team prepare for meetings
5. Manage digital archives of congressional materials
6. Help maintain digital database of MCC interactions with Hill staff and legislators
7. Compile daily Congressional news clips
8. Assist with various research projects as assigned
· Public Affairs Intern: Interns will contribute to communicating MCC's innovative model of aid effectiveness to targeted audiences in the United States and overseas. This includes assisting in production of MCC materials for public distribution, coordination of agency public events, outreach to traditional and non-traditional media outlets, and interagency collaboration. Responsibilities may include writing and editing public materials and web copy, developing and staffing outreach events with leaders in the development field, preparing press briefings, gathering press clips, and undertaking research projects. Interns will work closely with the Associate Director for Public Engagement, the Associate Director for Press, the Director of Communications, and the Director of Speechwriting and Editorial Services.
· Graphic Design/Videography/New Media/Creative Services: Interns will assist with managing MCC's worldwide brand identity and public websites by: completing assigned projects through collaboration with other team members; acquiring an improved understanding of time-based media skills including video production, audio production, and non-linear editing; utilizing new media skills to plan, record, and edit multimedia productions; cataloging digital assets; working on print materials, including layout of short- and long-form documents and preparing same for production by professional printers; acquiring an improved understanding of common web development languages including HTML, CSS, and PHP; assisting with managing content on MCC websites using Expression Engine, MCC's web-based content management system; ensuring adherence to established standards for metadata values and making updates as needed; assisting with gathering of analytics data and preparation of web site usage reports; and utilizing web design, development, and content skills to draft, manage, and execute web features. Interns will work closely with the Director of Branding and Web Projects, Designer, and Public Affairs Officer. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud production applications such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, and Dreamweaver is required, with HTML, CSS, PHP and ExpressionEngine/ Wordpress/ Drupalskills highly desirable.