When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as liaison with FEMA Headquarters on insurance issues on behalf of the Region. This position starts at a salary of $95,409 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Region 2 team within FEMA.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will supports the Division in successful accomplishment of agency goals and objectives with respect to insurance matters to improve the effectiveness of insurance operations through integrated performance management and continuous improvement practices. Typical assignments include:
- Coordinating the delivery of services by the insurance servicing contractor and ensuring extensive understanding of insurance rate structure and rating policies and procedures by assisting in workshops for insurance agents and lenders
- Developing work plans and administrative procedures, for services provided by the insurance servicing contractor.
- Coordinating and working with other flood specialists on all flood insurance matters. Coordinates with Regional staff on scheduling Community Assistance Visits (CAV's) to ensure compliance of communities applying for entry into the CRS Program.
- Resolving issues and ensuring that corrective actions are compliant with FEMA Headquarter policies and procedures.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- All U.S. citizens
- Status candidates may also apply under FEMA-16-LW-82830-MP
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/428525600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.