This vacancy is advertised under 2 different announcements. Some applicants may not be eligible to be hired under THIS announcement. Please make sure you apply to the announcement that entitles you to consideration. Read the `Who May Apply` section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see BOC-2016-0294, Supvy Interdisciplinary Mathematical Statistician/Survey Statistician, GS-1529/1530-15, Census-M-LRCLearn more about this agency
This vacancy is for a FEW Supvy Mathematical Statistician/Survey Statistician positions located at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland.
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
Relocation expenses may be paid.
This is a NONBARGAINING unit position.
**Multiple selections may be made from various directorates within the Census Bureau from this announcement for a position with the same title, series, grade(s), promotion potential, general job responsibilities and duty location **
This is an open continuous announcement. The initial cut off date for referral is February 21, 2016. After this date additional referral lists will be created as vacancies are available. This announcement covers multiple positions within the various Directorates of the U.S Census Bureau through January 31, 2017.
**If necessary, additional cut-off dates will be established throughout the open period of the announcement depending on the hiring needs of the agency.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Plan and coordinate project activities for large-scale demographic survey analysis, decennial, or international projects.
- Design, plan, and implement production, research and evaluation projects for surveys and/or census activities.
- Provide guidance and advice for various methodological issues such as disclosure avoidance, data editing, and missing data.
- Write and run computer programs to perform production processes, analysis, research and evaluation activities.
- Provide leadership and management to meet the goals and objectives of statistical analysis, research, and evaluation projects and programs.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Open to all U.S Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/428205100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.