About the Agency
This vacancy is advertised under 2 different announcements. Some applicants may not be eligible to be hired under THIS announcement. Please make sure you apply to the announcement that entitles you to consideration. Read the `Who May Apply` section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see POP-2016-0003, Geographer, GS-0150-09/11/12, CENSUS-M-ICV.
This vacancy is for a Geographer position in the Population Division located at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland.
**Multiple selections may be made from various directorates within the Census Bureau from this announcement for a position with the same title, series, grade(s), promotion potential, general job responsibilities and duty location **
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
Relocation expenses may be paid.
This is a BARGAINING unit position.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position. Duties include:
- Use geographic information systems (GIS) and/or satellite image analysis software to identify, process, analyze, and compare geographic and demographic patterns.
- Design, develop, implement, analyze, and report on geographic projects using a variety of data.
- Develop and use GIS and/or satellite image analysis methods to prepare spatial databases, map population patterns, and analyze results.
- Describe and analyze results of studies of population patterns. Write reports, methods documents, and articles, and create technical presentations for meetings and conferences.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional Travel may be required