Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in the Federal Government®!Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. Our efforts have provided inventors exclusive rights over their discoveries. It's an effort that continues to contribute to a strong global economy, to encourage investment in innovation and to cultivate an entrepreneurial spirit for the 21st century. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees, including engineers, scientists, attorneys, analysts, IT specialists, etc. all dedicated to accomplishing the USPTO’s mission, vision, strategic goals and guiding principles. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Careers Website.
The salary will be dependent on the grade and duty location of the selectee.
Dallas, TX: GS-13: $ 89,383 - $116,203 per annum; GS-14: $105,623 - $137,313 per annum
This vacancy is also being advertised to all eligible federal status applicants under vacancy announcement number OUS-2016-0006.
The position serves as Regional Outreach Program Manager and principal advisor for Outreach to the Director for the Dallas, Texas satellite office, and is responsible for formulating, implementing and executing the regional satellite office’s outreach plan consistent with the strategic goals of the USPTO.
The employee is responsible for the development, planning, integration, coordination and execution of the outreach plan consistent with intellectual property for the Dallas, TX satellite office. Primary duties will include:
- Plans, organizes and executes outreach events and programs in accordance with a strategic regional outreach plan supporting major USPTO missions, projects, programs, strategies, and government initiatives from the Department of Commerce. Hosts and/or participates in regular meetings with headquarters and other regional satellite offices on best practices and overall enhancements of outreach programs across the agency, helping fosters seamless coordination between the regional offices and headquarters.
- Coordinates and facilitates meetings with business and legal stakeholders, staff of local/state political leaders.
- Proposes a Regional Outreach Plan in cooperation with Alexandria Headquarters and other Regional Offices. Prepares materials in support of outreach efforts and target audience in accordance with the Outreach Plan.
- Refines and updates outreach plans as needed, coordinates business outreach strategy and shares information with other outreach team members throughout USPTO.
- Prepares the Director of the satellite office in advance of speaking engagements and is responsible for creating, coordinating and updating presentation materials and talking points.
- Develops and maintains regional professional contacts to best accomplish the strategic goals of the USPTO. Speaks to a variety of regional audiences, including educational institutions, government organizations, non-profit organizations, industry groups, and independent inventors.
- Directs the day-to-day operations of the public-facing regional outreach facilities and/or customer service centers at the satellite office.
- Facilitates responses to information requests from the news media and specialized and general public on USPTO’s programs in written and oral form.
- Plans, directs, and assigns work to employees temporarily assigned to perform outreach activities in the Satellite Office. As the supervisor, they evaluate the temporary employees' overall effectiveness in implementing and executing the regional satellite office outreach plan consistent with the strategic goals of the USPTO.
Occasional travel - Selectee may be required to travel to different satellite offices. May also be required to travel to regional events.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Applications will be accepted from all United States Citizens and Nationals.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/428043500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.