Established as part of the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998, USCIRF's primary responsibilities are to make foreign policy recommendations to the President, Secretary of State, and Congress related to the status and impact of freedom of religion or belief around the world. USCIRF's activities include disseminating information to the public and policymakers through op-editorials, press statements, and policy briefs; participating in Congressional hearings; convening public hearings and expert briefings; engaging in overseas diplomatic visits and inquiries; engaging with Administration officials, members of Congress, think tanks, and policy experts; participating in multilateral fora; and generating expert studies on critical issues. More information about USCIRF is available at www.uscirf.gov.
USCIRF is an equal opportunity employer
USCIRF is seeking a Communications and Government Relations Specialist to be a key member of the Government and Media Relations team. The Communications and Government Relations Specialist will support USCIRF's activities as they relate primarily to media activities and advocacy.
Reporting to the Director of Government and Media Relations, the Communications and Government
Relations Specialist's primary responsibilities involve the following:
· Develop and implement strategies for print, broadcast and online media;
· Identify and cultivate audiences and constituencies that benefit from and/or support USCIRF's
· Develop and maintain relationships with journalists covering USCIRF's issues and bookers/producers;
· Assist with writing and promoting stories, press releases, etc. that support USCIRF and the agency's
· Attend Congressional hearings and other Hill events, and prepare related summaries, as needed;
· Assist with drafting the Congressional budget submission;
· Assist in preparing financial related reports due to Congress;
· Develop materials for the media that promote USCIRF's policy and legislative priorities, including profiles of people detained for their religious freedom/human rights advocacy;
· Work with the Government and Media Relations Assistant; and
· Provide such other assistance as requested by the Executive Director and/or Director of Government and Media Relations.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/427828700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.