Salary listed is basic GS salary rate per year; locality pay will apply based on selectee's location. Salary for Ames IA; El Reno, OK; and Ft. Collins, CO is GS-14: $99,795-$129,723 and GS-15: $117,376 - $152,593. For Davis, CA, salary range is GS-14: $118,460-154,000 and GS-15: $139,342 - $160,300.Learn more about this agency
The Agricultural Research Service is seeking a Director, who will lead one of three Regional Climate Hubs or one Sub Hub to deliver science-based knowledge and practical information to farmers, ranchers and forest land managers. The positions will be located in Northern Plains Regional Climate Hub (Ft. Collins, CO); Southern Plains Regional Climate Hub (El Reno, OK ); Midwest Regional Climate Hub (Ames, IA ) and Southwest Regional Climate Sub Hub (Davis, CA) The Director will manage all functions and activities of their respective Regional Climate Hub or Sub Hub.
For additional information on the Climate Hubs, please see http://climatehubs.oce.usda.gov/.
This is an interdisciplinary position and may be filled in any of the job series/position titles listed. In addition to the specialized experience requirements, applicants must submit proof that they meet the educational requirements for at least one of the series described in the announcement. Applicants may only be appointed to job series/position titles for which they meet all experience and educational requirements.
Major Duties may include, but are not limited to:
1. Managing functions and activities of the Regional Climate Hub or Sub Hub including supervising staff and determining priorities/goals.
2. Developing, coordinating and executing activities to provide technical support to stakeholders.
3. Coordinating assessments of regional risks and vulnerabilities associated with weather, climate variability and future climate projections.
3. Establishing partnerships among farmers, ranchers and forest land managers and science and technology providers through technology transfer providers community.
4. Leading efforts to establish objectives, products and priorities for the Regional Climate Hub or Sub Hub.
Occasional travel - Outreach, training and attend professional seminars/conferences
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/427322000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.