The DHS Secretary's Honors Program Cyber Student Volunteer Initiative is specifically designed to provide current undergraduate and graduate students with cybersecurity-focused volunteer assignments intended to complement their coursework and expose them to the field of cybersecurity. Selected students will support the cybersecurity mission at one of the following DHS components: Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A), the Office of Policy/Cyber, Infrastructure and Resilience Policy, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), or the United States Coast Guard (U.S. Coast Guard).
The DHS Secretary's Honors Program Cyber Student Volunteer Initiative may offer stipends to selected undergraduate and graduate students.
Note that this announcement may also be used to fill additional volunteer assignments at other DHS components.
Students selected for the Secretary's Honor Program Cyber Student Volunteer Initiative assignments will have an exciting opportunity to support the cybersecurity work performed by DHS. Each assignment will be unique but possible duties or tasks include
· Assisting with hardware and software updates to forensic systems.
· Assisting with network monitoring and incident response.
· Assisting with the development of cyber policy.
· Analyzing and evaluating security log data.
· Conducting vulnerability scans.
· Observing computer forensics analyses and their use in investigations.
· Performing evidence intake, processing and analysis.
· Producing or developing unclassified documents that describe and analyze cyber threats.
· Researching cybersecurity tools and techniques.
· Supporting investigations into personal use violations.
· Researching the impacts of cyber incidents on critical infrastructure.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/425296700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.