This position is located in the Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum (CHSDM). The employee serves as the IT Manager with the responsibilities of Enterprise Application Management, IT Customer Service & Support, and General Network Management and Security. Additionally responsible for budgeting, procurement & property management of all IT related software & equipment.Learn more about this agency
- Oversees all aspects of enterprise applications and related systems; specifically, Tessitura, an enterprise grade constituent relationship management application (CRM).
- Administers Local Area Network and all devices connected to it, including desktop and laptop computers, copiers, environmental monitoring systems and IP telephony.
- Trains staff in the use of a wide variety of operating systems and applications, such as Citrix, FireFox, Internet Explorer 8/9, Google Chrome, Google Docs, Safari, MS Office, MS Windows, MAC O/S, Quest Software, Active Server Roles (Active Directory), iTunes, FileMaker Pro, Hanwell System, Raiser’s Edge, Tessitura, Quicktime, Media Player and Vidyo.
- Manages inventory and property system for all IT related equipment to ensure that internal audits are completed on a regular basis to prepare for official audits.
- Recruits interns from local schools and educational programs capable of desktop and web support; establishes guidelines and performance expectations for interns/volunteers.
- Supervises a small team of IT Staff.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals. Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities may also apply to Job Announcement #16A-LG-301219-DEU-CHSDM.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/425196500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.