Air Reserve Technicians (ARTs) are part of the regular civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain active membership in an Air Force Reserve unit so long as they occupy Air Reserve Technician positions. As members of reserve units, ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month. In addition, they are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency.
This is a standing register used to fill position at AFRC locations as vacancies occur. Some positions may have promotion potential to a higher grade than the grade being filled. Multiple vacancies may be filled from this announcement. The beginning and ending salaries may vary depending on location of position.
The cut-off date for these positions is the 25th of each month. Therefore, if we receive your application by midnight on the 25th of the month, you are eligible to go on the register the following month.
Some positions covered may or may not be obligated. Therefore, the selectee may be displaced by reassignment or reduction in force procedures at a later time should the previous incumbent exercise his/her reemployment rights.
Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the Air Force Reserve. Retired military personnel who have active Air Force Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position and unit) on their application.
The Government's most important asset is its people.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this Air Reserve Technician (ART) Enlisted position is to serve as command post controller and, as such, carry out all functions associated with command post operations for airlift/rescue/fighter/special operations and tanker units. Incumbent of this position will perform the following duties:
- Command and Control Operations (C2OP) and mission monitoring. Analyze and evaluate unit requirements and functions in support of the unit commander and staff as it relates to command and control under contingency and peacetime operations.
- Emergency Actions. Receive, analyze, decipher and take action on time critical HHQ alert messages as it relates to air base defense, sabotage, acts of war, posturing of forces and natural disasters.
- Operational and Readiness Reporting. Receive, analyze and disseminate C2 message traffic to appropriate wing agencies.
- Facilities, Communications Systems, Equipment and Material. Assist with the management and control of facilities, equipment and supplies.
- Administration and Resource Management. Assist with maintaining publications and forms library.
Occasional travel - Incumbent may be required to fly in a military and/or commercial aircraft to perform temporary/permanent duty assignments.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Applicant must be United States Citizens and be eligible and willing to join the USAF Reserve. For questions concerning military eligibility, please contact the Air Force Reserve Qualification Center at 1-800-257-1212.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/424998300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.