About the Agency
DOL seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. DOL fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all individuals are able to participate and contribute to their full potential.
This position is located in Atlanta, Georgia at the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Office of Field Operations.
This position has promotion potential to GS-12. Promotion Potential: There is no obligation to provide future promotions to you if you are selected. Future promotions are dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and supervisory approval.
- This position is inside the bargaining unit.
As an Economist/ Statistician for the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, you will represent the Bureau as a technical expert with your prominent enterprises that by nature of their size or significance are essential to the reliability of national, regional, or local survey results. Your duties will include:
- Makes arrangements preparatory to obtaining data from enterprises for which the collection of data is expected to be straight forward and uncomplicated and requires the application of conventional methods.
- Performs routine analysis of collected information in order to discover and rectify common discrepancies.
- Makes follow-up contact to respondents providing data to ensure accurate and timely survey results.
- Prepares end-of-survey reports which provide a synopsis of collection experiences and recommendations for survey improvement.
- Responds to queries from respondents for BLS information by providing them with the salient publications, assisting in interpretation where appropriate, or referring them to appropriate regional staff.
- 50% or Greater
- Will travel 50% or greater.