You too can make a difference in our world. The work of the US Fish and Wildlife Service is meaningful and varied. Want to know more about what it is like to work for us? Click here to watch short podcasts called Meet Your New Boss! and Diversity is our Strength.
This announcement is being advertised under delegated examining procedures and is open to all U.S. citizens.
In this position you would serve as a Youth Conservation Corps (YCC) Crew Leader at the Upper Mississippi River Natl Wildlife and Fish Refuge Savanna District located in Savanna, IL, providing guidance and direction on natural resources and conservation projects in the outdoors for a group of 4 or less YCC enrollees who range in age from 15 to 18 and are interested in natural resources/conservation.
This is a temporary position, not to exceed 12 weeks. The selectee will be working from approximately June 2016 through August 2016.
- Provides practical application of wildlife management and control techniques to enrollees studying natural resource conservation.
- Assists enrollees in field work projects designed to illustrate conservation practices.
- Maintains records of the enrollees' accomplishments.
- Schedules and participates in environmental educational activities for the enrollees.
- Assists in maintaining a safe work environment for the enrollees.