This vacancy was amended to extend the closing date.
The Farm Credit Administration (FCA) is a small, vibrant, independent Federal agency located in McLean, Virginia that regulates and examines the Farm Credit System (FCS), an over $200+ billion nationwide network of over 80+ financial institutions providing credit and related services to farmers, ranchers, agribusinesses, and agricultural and rural cooperatives. Visit www.fca.gov to learn more.
This position is located in the Office of the General Counsel (OGC) for the Farm Credit Administration. As Attorney-Advisor, you will be responsible for providing legal and advisory services to the Agency on a range of administrative law, banking law, statutory, regulatory and legislative matters related to FCA’s regulation and supervision of the Farm Credit System (FCS).
Your duties as an Attorney-Advisor will include:
- Conducting and managing independent and broad-ranging legal research projects on unique and specialized legal issues that are often complex and of the highest importance in achieving the Mission of the Agency;
- Producing clear, authoritative and comprehensive written materials including legal memoranda, legal opinions, litigation and enforcement documents and regulation-related papers;
- Providing counsel and communicating effectively with the FCA Board and senior managers on the legal significance of existing and proposed laws, regulations, policies and programs;
- Providing counsel and representing the Agency before regulated institutions and other Federal agencies; and
- May include serving as Freedom of Information Act Officer or Deputy Agency Ethics Official.