THE ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER IS CORRECTED TO FS-1489239-ET16.
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to plan, organize, schedule and conduct on-site inspections of ammonium nitrate facilities? Then consider joining the Field Operations Branch, Inspections and Enforcement Branch (I&EB), Infrastructure Security Compliance Division (ISCD), Office of Infrastructure Protection (IP), National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
The agency anticipates filling 7 vacancies through this announcement; more than 7 may be filled should the need arise, in any of the locations.
Competitive, merit promotion, and/or non-competitive referral lists may be issued based on the needs of the agency.Learn more about this agency
Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical and compliance assistance to ammonium nitrate (AN) facility owners/operators for sale, tracking and transfer of AN.
- Reviewing and evaluating facility data (e.g. AN security plans, and countermeasures against Risk Based Performance Standards (RBPS), data from the on-site chemical storage, manufacturing, processing, shipping and receiving of AN; and reporting of Screening Threshold Quantities) prior to inspections and preparing comprehensive field reports of inspection findings and after-action reports, which may serve as the basis for initiating administrative and/or regulatory enforcement actions, as required.
- As assigned, may serve as an action officer on a variety of liaison activities with the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Forces, ATF Inspectors, State Homeland Security Advisors, State, regional, local intelligence fusion centers, local emergency planning committees, other relevant task forces, working groups, committees and private stakeholders.
- Providing policy analysis, oversight, and technical expertise on legislation and regulations to the national Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards program by assessing, interpreting and implementing regulatory requirements.
- Developing networks and building alliances, engaging in cross-functional activities; collaborating across boundaries and finding common ground with a widening range of stakeholders.
25% or less - May be required to be in travel status 6-10 nights per month.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Status Candidates
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/417328700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.