Experience your America and build a fulfilling career by joining the National Park Service, as we prepare for a second century of Stewardship and Engagement. Become a part of our mission to connect with our past and create important connections to the future by building a rich and lasting legacy for the next generation of park visitors, supporters, and advocates.
A park can be many different things to many different people. Find your park today!
You are responsible for reading
this job announcement, and complying with all application requirements. Failure
to do so may cause you to lose consideration for this position.
This position is seasonal in nature, and is located in the Interpretation Division, Curatorial Services Branch. While this position provides the same federal benefits of permanent employment, it does not provide for employment on a year-round basis. By law, the selectee is required to work at least 26 weeks, but not more than 50 weeks, in a service year. When operational needs or funds are not available, the selectee will be placed in non-pay status. Placement in non-pay status will not be on a sporadic, occasional, or unplanned basis.
- Prepares and maintains curatorial records covering all transactions related to the acquisition, documentation, loan, and disposal of museum objects.
- Maintains and manages Collections Management System (ICMS) database, image databases, and other electronic records related to collections management and documentation of the park collections.
- Develops and implements in-house guidelines, procedures, and policies for the acquisition, documentation, cataloging, care, security, and access to and use of objects in the museum collections.
- Maintains and monitors environmental, and security records for museum storage and exhibit areas. Implements preventive conservation measures for objects in museum collection, and maintains museum spaces to optimize collection preservation.
- Accessions and catalogs objects, verifying the accuracy of information in collection records and files. Annually inventories collections. Documents museum loans. Maintains all documentation for museum collections.
- Conducts research necessary to identify and/or authenticate museum objects, to obtain necessary catalog data, and to assist park staff and outside researchers.
- Assists park staff and outside researchers in consulting collections and collections records, ensuring accountability for collections while providing access.
- Occasional Travel
- Some travel may be required to perform duties of the position.