About the Position:
Click here for more information on Pathways program participants.
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program.
The Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program affords developmental experiences in the Department of Army intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs. Successful applicants are placed in a dynamic, developmental program with the potential to lead to a civil service career in the Federal Government.
After Program completion, Department of the Army Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent position.
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
- Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Managements qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted
To learn more, please visit: http://www.opm.gov/HiringReform/Pathways/program/graduates/.
Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program Eligibles
Positions are open to:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
- Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have as much as six years after degree completion to apply.
This position is under the supervision of the Fort Riley Director of Education Services. This job provides the opportunity to learn to assist in strategic planning of Education Services which supports the command and the Total Army Family.
- The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a professional Education Counselor in the Army Continuing Education System (ACES) Program providing the full range of general educational and career development counseling to military and civilian personnel of the installation/activity.
- Career development counseling includes consideration of the total individual potential, the military career development structure and subsequent civilian career plans/goals.
- The performance of these duties require full professional knowledge of the theories, principles and techniques of general educational guidance and counseling; professional knowledge of remedial, secondary, and post-secondary education; knowledge of MOS and other military training and how the training relates to general educational credit; knowledge of general accrediting associations, state and national general educational governing agencies.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Student/Internship Program Eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/415357900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.