This position is located in the Work Management Center (WMC), Office of Facilities Management and Reliability (OFMR), Office of Facilities Engineering and Operations (OFEO), Smithsonian Institution. The employee ensures service requests are assigned in accordance with SI standards to help provide a useful and pleasing environment to support ongoing research and community enjoyment in the Institution's programs.Learn more about this agency
- Uses computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) required fields to accurately code service requests, leading to successful work assignments and accurate database information. Ensures correct personnel, location and work description information is properly represented in the request.
- Accurately assesses problems and issues by applying expertise and experience in facility systems and equipment, and knowledge of SI emergency response, maintenance and repair practices.
- Coordinates and interacts with a wide array of system users, from training on system use to requesting information from service providers that cannot be found in the database.
- Answers phone calls promptly and provides courteous and attentive service through-out the day.
- Assigns work requests in a prompt manner in accordance with SI standards and service level agreements. Meets response time requirements and minimizes delay in making assignments.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals. Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities may also apply to Job Announcement #15R-RT-300818-MPA-OFEO.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/414036200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.